Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Thing 2

So - I have two cats. Thing 1 and Thing 2. How'd they get those names you ask? Well - Thing 1 likes to sit on your shoulders and be carried around the house. You can wash dishes, put things away, generally most anything as long as you don't need to bend over very far.

My husband to be came over the first time, was standing with his back to the frig. Thing 1 (previous named Kit) jumped on him from nowhere and settled on to his shoulders. We'd been dating all of 3 days, had met a month prior and had talked on the phone often. He jumped, said something about how they were just like Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr Suess jumping around all over the place causing problems. So, as I was uncommited to their previous names (Kit and Kat) I changed them.

So off of the substory - Thing 2 is the stupidist cat ever. Last night I left her sleeping on the couch when I went to bed. She wakes up ~ 2am and starts howling frantically. I am on the second floor in a sound sleep for ONCE, and she is hysterical. I just yell "I am up here", she comes running up to bed and is so happy to see me. Although it is nice to know she is that happy to see me, can she not figure it out? I go to bed the same place every night. This is not the first time people. This happens at least once a month, sometimes more often. The really funny thing is, she is the cat that has figured out how to open doors, she opens cabinets to get the food out. Idiot savant?

No comments:

Post a Comment